Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Does Trying Something New Scare You?

One of the things I really like about myself is that I am willing to dabble and explore new things.  A lot of people would feel intimidated or scared or exhausted to continually try new things but, for me, it's energizing.

I sometimes find it strange that that's the case because I'm such an introvert.  After a while of being in the surge of social energy, I start to find I need to recharge by some time spent alone.

Knowing all this, I recently stumbled on something new and fun - The August Break.  It's a project where you take a photo a day for the whole month of August.  The site that runs this provides a list of suggested topics for your pictures and then, you post them to Instagram or Flickr using #augustbreak2014.

Why am I doing this?  Because I believe we each have our own unique gifts and talents that we are here to share.  And, if I'm always trying new things, it might just turn into the opportunity that reveals a hidden strength and allows me to shine.

If I am always waiting around for the right time or the perfect conditions to get started, I could be waiting a LONG time.   I'm not sure who said it but I would agree - there is no time like the present.

What's even better is that my husband, Kevin, LOVES taking pictures and is really good at it.  And, I don't even hesitate.  I'm smart enough to ask for help and get a few useful tips and pointers when I have a person willing to be a teacher.

So, here's my key take-away.  When we make the space to start saying "Yes" to new opportunities and to release things that we may have tried and decided weren't quite the right fit, we move closer to living in the flow of using our gifts.

The beauty in that is, because we are are all one in sharing our human experience, not only does this choice impact ME, it could easily become the catalyst to impact someone I come into contact with in a way that allows THEM to shine.

When one is living authentically, we are all living authentically.  

And for that reason, I keep my eyes open and my radar tuned to the wisdom of my inner guidance.  This month, I'm taking pictures. Next month?  Only the Universe may be able to answer that one.

So, how do YOU feel about dabbling in new things?

Today, I set the intention to be led by my inner guidance, trying something new that inspires me so that I might step into an incredible life.


"Life cannot grow old.  Within us is the unborn possibility of limitless experience.  
Ours is the privilege of giving birth to it."  
~Ernest Holmes, The Science of Mind

"The time has come for your to nourish your soul.  When was the last time
 that you swam naked?  Or sang in the shower?  Or blew bubbles?  
Or prayed really softly, not from need, but from love?  Has it been awhile?
  Then hurry.  Do it.  Hurry.  That is life that is going by...."  



Affirmative Prayer:
As the light of day breaks through the morning fog, there is a recognition of the One Divine Intelligence.  It is a power and strength that celebrates the effortless start of the day.  It is a love and a joy that smiles and says life is good.

This Divine Creative Intelligence surrounds me as grace as I allow It's expression through me.  I frolic and play with this Infinite Love, laughing as Life moves as me, diving into the ocean of possibilities.  In this moment, I see only joy and happiness, everywhere present and I call it all exquisitely perfect.

In this moment of sweet surrender to Spirit, I am led on an adventure of the heart and soul.  I let go of any fear to try something new and embrace the opportunity to swim naked or blow bubbles or sing in the shower.  I trust that the Universe is guiding me to new experiences for a beautiful, sacred reason and I simply need to claim that my ultimate best is right here, right now.  Welcoming the fun that happens easily as I remain open to receiving, I am inspired to chase my dreams as I participate in this game of life.  And I affirm that my life is incredible as I watch the transformation happening, all in Divine, perfect timing.

Living my life in this way, I am filled with gratitude for the presence of a Source that wants only my highest and best.  I am thankful that each day I thrive as I realize that I have everything that I need.  And I am grateful that my dreams are coming to fruition, always appearing in amazing and magnificent ways.

Trusting that the Universe is supporting me in all things, I release my word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it will not return to me void.  It is set in motion and already done in the One Mind.  All is perfect, whole and complete.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.



Go to Susannah Conway's site if you're interested in joining....

No comments:

Post a Comment