Tuesday, July 29, 2014

What To Do If The Shoe Doesn't Fit

Since taking a sabbatical a few months ago, I've been kicking around ideas and trying to get clear on what's next for me.  A few ideas have been very intriguing but things haven't quite lined up yet.

Admittedly, they may not have lined up because it's not what I think it should look like.  So, I'm trying to be more mindful of letting go of pre-conceived notions and simply allowing events to unfold.  And, I take a few steps in the direction that my heart's desire says I should go, waiting to see where this path will lead.

In the meantime, as I say yes to everything that comes my way, I'm starting to feel that my commitments are stacking up.  And, with my personality, it's not a great fit.  I start to feel edgy and not clear on which obligation I should tackle first.

The funny part about this is I have been taking small breaks for some rest and relaxation.  In fact, we just got back from the Napa Valley area yesterday.  My issue?  I've been carrying my to-do list with me wherever I go.  So, while I might be in Napa, I'm still logging hours toward things I've promised to do.

Here's the cool thing I'm learning from this.  Not every thing that I do during my day means it's something that is "meant to be".

What I'm noticing is that if I don't consciously claim what I want, sometimes what shows up in my life feels "not quite right" after I've spent some time working on it.  It's almost like wearing shoes that are too small or too big.  The shoes might be workable but you can also end up with blisters from the rubbing and chaffing.

Knowing this, I've decided that if the project or task I've committed to doing starts to feel like an ill-fitting shoe, I'm going to return it - just like I would do with a real pair of shoes.

Then, I can look at what DIDN'T work and consciously make a better choice, believing that the Universe is always conspiring for my good.  That frees me to leave some commitments behind and creates the space for a more balanced approach to how I spend my time.

The balance also allows me to remain open to new ideas and new possibilities for my life as I get a better mental picture for what I want.  I absolutely love this path that I'm on and I celebrate my journey every day, in part because I'm given so many opportunities to choose from.

And - I feel like I'm gaining the courage to live a little, trusting that something within me knows when the shoe is the perfect fit!

So, where in YOUR life are you wearing shoes that you need to return?

Today, I set the intention to step forward in life with confidence, knowing that I can always make a new choice if something is not a good fit.


"If day by day we have a greater understanding and a clearer concept, 
if daily we are realizing more of Truth and applying It in our actions, 
then we are on the right path and eventually we shall be made free." 
~Ernest Holmes, The Science of Mind

"You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful 
spiritual being that is your real self.  Don't turn away from possible futures 
before you're certain you don't have anything to learn from them.  
You're always free to change your mind and choose
 a different future, or a different past."  
~Richard Bach, Illusions


Affirmative Prayer:
Settling into the now, into this moment, there is a spark of recognition of the life of Infinite Intelligence.  It spreads like wildfire, coursing through all that is with passion and with purpose.  It is all knowledge and surpasses understanding, a Divine Wisdom that is perfection and grace, beauty and joy.

As I sit in the stillness, there is a connection with this Intelligence that opens my eyes to the Truth of who I am.  I am perfect love.  I am perfect peace.  I am bathed in the brightness of a Source that reveals the unlimited wonder of Spirit.  And I am carried forward, in faith, surrendering to this Presence within that guides and sustains and directs my life.

Accepting that the power of the Universe is within me, anything that has held me back from my perfect path disappears.  I now see that all the answers I seek are available every moment of the day.  This adventure that I call life is filled with wonder and awe as I take small, steady steps forward. Daily, I am given so much goodness and prosperity in every area of my life, all Divinely appointed and filled with joy and bliss.  I welcome the confidence with which I make choices, aware that I can always make a new choice if needed.   And I live life to its fullest, letting things unfold as they may, trusting that my future is bright and vibrant and filled with possibilities.

Feeling my heart overflow with love and life, I am filled with thanksgiving that my conscious choices manifest in amazing ways.  I am deeply grateful for the easy flow of abundance that is revealed as I let go and let God.  And I am thankful that I need only say Yes and a perfect way is made on my path, everything working together for my good.

Knowing it is done as I believe, I release my word to the Divine Action of the Law.  My word cannot return to me void; the answer is always provided.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.

Photo courtesy of Carmen Jost/Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment