Thursday, October 9, 2014

Taking Stock Of What's Going On

Today, I got a speeding ticket.  For me, it was probably the best way for Life to get my attention.

I guess I haven't been paying attention to the slight, dull headache I've had recently.

And I guess I haven't been paying attention to the pit in my stomach.

And I guess I haven't been paying attention to the bruises on my legs from bumping into furniture.

It seems I may have been drifting through life, living in my comfort zone and going for what's easy.  After all, there are some things that just come naturally and I definitely gravitate to doing those first - which means I zip through them - no second thought.

For things that don't come as easily, there are times when Life needs to take swift and sudden action.  It's a reminder to me that I am NOT here to drift along in what is comfortable.

So, MY swift and sudden action came in the form of the speeding ticket.

I can see where I have been rushing to get through what IS and move on to what's NEXT.  So, right after I got my ticket and was sent on my way, I turned on some music and took some mental notes of areas that I needed to be more mindful in.

Taking stock of where I'm at, I realized what I've been fighting against - being in a wedding this weekend.   But, it's not about me - it's about the bride.  I just need to slow down and appreciate this next few days, knowing that I can take nothing for granted and need to embrace this time exactly as it is.

No rushing.  No hurrying.   Just be-ing.

So, what areas of YOUR life are you rushing through to get to what's next?

Today, I set the intention to be in the moment, doing things not out of habit but on purpose, knowing that something amazing is seeking to emerge.


"Because you have to just go with the flow.  Your life is not your own, with people
 coming in and out all the time.  You get mellow because you have to."  

"Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness." 


Affirmative Prayer:
In the stillness of this moment, there is a Divine Presence that whispers words of love and encouragement.  It is a Creative Wisdom that is the strength and power to accomplish the seemingly impossible.  It is the grace and ease that flows freely and abundantly, surrounding all that is.

I am one with this Divine Presence, together creating a fluid motion of a life that thrives.  Embracing this Oneness, I am guided by this Infinite Intelligence as I align with Its perfect Presence.

Accepting this guidance as my Divine compass, there is a knowing that everything in my life arrives in perfect Divine timing.  As I go with the flow of Spirit, I step out of my comfort zone and into the newness of each moment.  And in situations that seem unfair or unjust, I now see clearly that they are reminders that my compass needs to be checked and I may need a course correction.  I welcome the experience of picking myself back up and tapping into the wisdom of the Universe that puts me back on my right and perfect path.  I am wiser and smarter and I affirm that Spirit is working for my good in ALL circumstances.

From this place of all that I have accomplished, I am grateful for the journey.  I am filled with thanks for what is to come knowing it will be something even greater than I can imagine.  And I am thankful for Life's reminders to be in the present moment, having faith that it is exactly where I am supposed to be.

With a heart filled with joy, I release my word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  I invite the abundance of happiness that surrounds me to take me even deeper.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.


Photo courtesy of Michael Bolognesi/Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment