Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Sidestep Stressful Thinking

Some days, I let the grind of life really get to me.  And, while I would like to blame outside factors - my work, the errands I need to run, the laundry that needs to be done - it's really ME who's creating the stress in my day.

I tell myself the story that cleaning the house is boring so I'll do it later.  And, I determine that getting home to walk the dog is much more important than staying late to file away completed work.  And, I continue to eat out, blaming lack of time to get to the grocery store and stock up on healthy food.

Rather than look for the good in what I'm putting off, I ignore it or neglect it.  I can complain all that I want but, in the long run, it's only me who gets increasingly irritated as files overflow on my desk or as I put on weight due to calorie-heavy restaurant food.

I believe I have gotten lost in the "I can do it all myself" rabbit hole.  I worry that if I hire someone to clean the house, it will be too expensive.  I feel guilty if I pay someone else to walk the dog as if I'm neglecting him somehow.  Plus, is it really in my budget?

Good 'ol money worries.  So, I just do it all myself.

What I've forgotten is that the Universe is really about reciprocity.  I have found work that I enjoy and get paid pretty well for.

So, why shouldn't I pay our neighborhood friend to walk the dog, allowing him the same feeling of accomplishment I do about my work.

Or, why shouldn't I hire a house-cleaning service to come in twice a month, allowing them to earn an income.

The Universe is not just MY source for all things but everyone else's as well.  When I look at it from that perspective, and trust that as I create workability in my life, I am opening up possibilities for others as well, there is a shift that happens.

There is a bubbling up of faith that shows me how I have always been provided for, and I can let go of the thinking that I can't afford to pay someone else.

There is no lack in life.  I can truly let life be easy, with the promise that as I open to receive, I make space for others to give and be in service.

What the heck - maybe I'll stop and scoop up some flowers tonight to brighten up my home.  Who knows what impact that will have on my local florist and beyond.

So, where are you making life difficult for yourself?

Today, I set the intention to let go of my struggles and bring more joy into my life by realizing there is good for everyone when I don't try to do it all myself.


"Let us seek wholeness above all else."  
~Ernest Holmes, The Science of Mind

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new
 landscapes but in having new eyes." 


Affirmative Prayer:
Staring up into the afternoon sky, as the clouds drift gently and softly, there is the recognition of the One Divine Source.  It is the abundance of nature that blooms effortlessly and it is the spectacular colors of the evening sunset that reveal the beauty of the Infinite Intelligence that is Life.

This Allness of Life is the indwelling Spirit that feels what I feel and expresses as me in all that I do.  I am a brilliant masterpiece of Divine Love, open to receive the joy the Universe is showering down on me in every moment of the day.

Embracing this joy and happiness, I let go having to fight against life and surrender to the ease and grace that guides my steps.  I am directed to my highest and best potential each day, trusting that all of my needs are met.  It is so effortless for me to live a life of reciprocity, giving from my heart and receiving the abundance that is my Divine birthright.  I am fully supported by Spirit as I dig deep and know that I don't have to do it all myself.  My life is filled with peace and I simply live my life the best I know how in each moment, welcoming each new experience with open arms.

I am humbly and deeply grateful for the prosperity that flows to me as I give up stress and strife.  I am thankful that I sleep so well each night, in faith that I am working WITH the Universe and moving toward my good.  And I give great thanks that anything I need is provided for in beautiful and amazing ways.

From this sufficiency of grace, I release my word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  I am blessed in the bounty of love and life.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.

Photo courtesy of Edgar Barany/Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment