Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Are You Thriving Through Life's Obstacles?

Life's obstacles.  They shine a bright light on areas where we have grown AND in areas that we continue to work on AND in areas where we are starting to allow our greatness to shine.

One of the best ways to see these life lessons?  Learn from the past.  And yet - that advice seems counter to what we hear often in our spiritual journey.

We should be in the Now.
Embrace this minute Now.
There is only Now.
Breathe and sit in this moment Now.

Those are all great messages and certainly, we should always be aware of the Now.  But, I believe, it's not until we begin to clear out the clutter of our past and to look at our cultural conditioning, that we can begin to focus the energy of our mind on new beliefs.

So, as I look back at my past, I can see times where I have used words to shame someone into feeling bad about themselves.  I can see times where I have been critical about my job or my home.

And, before you know it, I have been laid off or I have been given a 60-day notice to move out.  Or, I would no longer be invited to spend time with that person I had shamed.  Talk about feedback from the Universe!

Life is a great teacher.  My most recent lesson?   I don't need to make anyone wrong.  I don't have to compare myself to anyone else.  Instead, I can choose a different response.  I can choose not to react to something that triggered a negative emotion.

Every human being on this planet is a powerful manifester.  By learning from the feedback, focusing on our goals and affirming the good that we see in achieving that goal, we move closer to not just surviving but thriving.

So, what lessons have YOU learned from the obstacles in your life?

Today, I set the intention to be aware of the feedback and lessons from my past, using them to move more into the success that I am affirming for my life.


"Because others cannot vibrate in your experience, they cannot affect
 the outcome of your experience.  They can hold their opinions, but 
unless their opinion affects your opinion, their opinion matters not at all."  

"Source Energy is intimately, infinitely always responding to your requests, 
no matter how great or small they may be deemed by you
 or anyone else who is observing them.  There is nothing so big
 that Source Energy can't get its thoughts around it - and there is
 nothing so small that Source Energy isn't willing to get its thoughts around it."  


Affirmative Prayer:
Stepping into a place of life and love, there is a recognition that Spirit is all there is.  It is a feeling of being-ness that permeates all of creation.  It is a Divine Peace and Infinite Wisdom that bathes each and every living thing with grace and ease, joy and happiness.

This Creative Intelligence is speaking to me through my soul, calling me Beloved.  It is the guiding lamp on my path, expressing through me as perfect health.  It is the sustaining flow of effortless abundance that surrounds me and I am filled to overflowing with the knowing that I am perfect, whole and complete in every moment of the day.

I soar into the knowing that there is a fullness and wholeness to my life.  I celebrate the truth that I am worthy of the ever-increasing good that is my Divine birthright.  I am learning lessons from my past experiences and evolving into being more of who I am here to be, sharing my unique gifts and talents.  I stay focused on my goals and desires and I welcome their manifestation into reality.  Infinite Love flows through me as I embrace the adventure that comes with each choice I make.  And, I affirm that success unfolds easily and effortlessly as I focus the energy of my mind on beliefs that tell me I am more than enough.

I am filled with gratitude for dreams that are realized in beautiful ways and I give thanks for the seeming miracles that transform my life day after day.  I am grateful for the success that transforms my life, showing me how much I am loved unconditionally.

Letting any resistance melt away, I release my word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  I celebrate being in the presence of love and light.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.

Photo courtesy of Entrer dans le reve/Flickr


No comments:

Post a Comment