Saturday, May 31, 2014

Being Comfortable In The Uncertainty

...we try to make everything certain, we try to make ourselves right.  ~Brene Brown

As I have been exploring the next steps for my career, I had a moment yesterday that was a bit scary.  I was caught in a wave of uncertainty, realizing that I have no idea what's next for me.

I've done one informational interview in a field that holds some possibility and I'm doing volunteer work in the event marketing space but I have no solid plan for what my livelihood looks like.  I keep telling myself that at least I'm taking action.

So, where will all this action lead?  That is where my discomfort lies - I'm no longer certain about my path.

It's almost as if I feel I'm no longer important.  When someone asks me what I do for a living, and I reply I'm taking some time off to explore my options, I get a visceral feeling in my gut that takes me down a notch in my social strata.  What do you have to talk about if you're not chatting and sharing stories about your job?

I also didn't realize how much of my energy goes into upholding my self-importance via my contribution in the work place.  After all, I was in sales - very driven by sales quotas and pipelines and making President's Club for being a Top 10 Salesperson in the company.

When asked about work, I could always pull out one of my accomplishments.  Talk about ego leading the way - in a sales environment, it's very easy to get sucked into the competitive chaos and who's over-achieving.

Now that I've taken a leap of faith, I'm being challenged to let go of my obsessive need for certainty.  I have no clue what the outcome will be from taking this leap and that makes me apprehensive.

As I'm stewing in my apprehension and allowing it to take root in my body, I realized that my spiritual practice was the first thing to go.  What happened to taking a breath and becoming an observer of the situation?  I can tell you - it went out the window.

So - I had to remind myself that Life has been telling me it's time to have courage and make some bold choices.  My heart and my intuition have told me that my work was no longer serving me and it was time to make room for a new career path.

I DO have the faith that as I get out of my own way and stop trying so hard to make things happen, a way will be made for me.  And, if I can be comfortable in the uncertainty of my situation, things will flow.

When I let go and allow the Universe to support me, what remains is an effortless acceptance of simply being.

As I mentioned recently, like anything, making a choice to live in the uncertainty will take some practice.  I have to choose to give up the struggle to control. I must be willing to be a little scared.

And, if you listen to any New Thought person, they will tell you - I must trust that what I am seeking already exists and is also seeking me.

So, are YOU willing to be comfortable in the uncertainty?  Are you willing to let go of making yourself right?

Today, I set the intention to sit in the uncertainty of life, having faith that the Universe is supporting me and that what I seek is also seeking me.


"If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves."  
~Thomas Edison

"Acceptance simply means that you make a commitment: 'Today I will accept
 people, situations, circumstances, and events as they occur.'  This means I will 
know that this moment is as it should be, because the whole universe is as it should be."  
~Deepak Chopra, The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success


Affirmative Prayer:
Becoming still in this moment, there is the recognition of a field of Infinite Love, Infinite Grace, and Divine Infinite Creativity.  It is the all-good of God, the joy of Spirit, the miraculous nature of a Universe that flows with ease and effortlessness through all that exists.

I am a unique manifestation of this Divine Intelligence, filled with the joy and the happiness that is my true nature.  Everywhere I go, I express this Intelligence in powerful ways that call forth grace and love and harmony.  And in all that I say and do, I reveal the beauty of this Creative Spirit that surrounds me with Its generous presence.

Centering into my Oneness with the Universe, I accept that this moment is exactly as it should be.  There are no bad days, only days that allow the full expression of Spirit to be revealed.  I claim the peace that supports me as I sit in the uncertainty, to be blessed and beautiful.  I declare that my greatness is encouraged by a loving Presence that yearns to expand through experiences.  As I live full out from a place of power and inner trust, I let go of merely surviving and I choose to thrive.  And as my conscious thought brings the invisible into view, I jump for joy because that which I am seeking is also seeking me and my good is right here, right now.

Holding onto this feeling of joy, I am thankful for the effortless unfolding of my life as I simply allow each day to be what it is.  I am filled with deep gratitude that my path is well lit and I am always in the right place, at the right time, with the right people.   And I give thanks for the magnificent blessings and miracles that are revealed in the here and now, so real and so rich as they come into view.

From this place of gratitude and from a willingness to accept the blessings, I release my word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  All that I seek already exists and is within me.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment