Friday, April 4, 2014

How The Bad That Happens Can Reveal Something Good

"It is enough to know that our good is with us today, that tomorrow this same good can be multiplied, and so on forever."  That statement from Ernest Holmes always gives me hope.  And, there are days that I feel exceedingly blessed and believe I can charm my way past any obstacle or obstruction.  After all, I live in a Universe where I am a magnificent being, worthy of living an extraordinary life of health, prosperity, abundance and happiness.

Why is it then, when I am moving through my life experiencing everything going so well and I'm in the groove of beautiful possibilities, do I wonder when the other shoe is going to drop.  Why can't life just be good and easy and effortless all of the time?

On Wednesday, the news was filled with talk about the shooting at Fort Hood.  I felt so heart-sick for the soldiers and the families AND I felt equally as bad for the shooter.  What had driven the shooter to become so desolate and distraught he chose to end his life and take others with them?

Here is what I am learning to know.

What we label as bad events will happen.  People will get shot, people will die in car accidents, people will lose their lives in mudslides.  These situations jar us out of our daily routine and, for me, I take it as an opportunity for something new to be revealed.

I am often in awe at the absolute Divine order of the Universe.  I say that because what I know what will emerge from this tragedy will be something that needed to occur so that a bigger picture can be uncovered.

Maybe this means someone in that event will be transformed in a positive way by the situation.

Maybe it means someone will benefit in a way that could not have happened unless events unfolded as they did.

It is a time to lean into my faith - for us all to lean into our faith - that the Universe knows what Its doing.   I trust that when I look back in retrospect at what happened at Fort Hood, I will see a reminder that good exists in every situation.   I will choose to remember that the Universe was working on someone's behalf that I could not see at the time.

And - I will see that it's okay for me - and for each of us - to accept our magnificence.  If life were easy all of the time, we would never have the chance to be and do more in this lifetime.  Perhaps we are magnificent BECAUSE of these events we label "bad".

Let me know.  Are we able to accept our magnificence, in spite of these events?

Today, I set the intention to recognize there is Divine Order in life events, even when the events appear unjust or unkind, trusting that what transpires is for the good of everyone.


"Peace is a universal principle by which we all must learn to live.  Whatever the situation
 in which we find ourselves, we can find the answer through peace, a peace-filled mind
 and a peaceful heart.  Peace is the most advantageous learning environment.  In it, 
we can hear ourselves think and feel what is going on within the universe of our being."  

"The great central fact in human life, in your life and in mine, is the coming into
 a conscious, vital realization of our oneness with this Infinite Life, and the opening
 of ourselves fully to this divine flow." 


Affirmative Prayer:
In the stillness and silence of this very moment, there is an Infinite Intelligence and Divine Wisdom that touches the soul.  This Intelligence and Wisdom is an all-encompassing Power that lights the path of the soul's journey to knowing Itself.  And in knowing Itself, It reveals the peace and the love and the joy that are available to all who seek.

Stepping into this journey of the soul, Spirit's nature of absolute grace is also my nature.  With a lightness of being, I embrace the Divine guidance that surrounds me and moves through me.  With each and every breath, I take in the blessings that are showered on me as I go forward in my journey, one step at a time.  And with each step, I recognize I am never separate from the all-good of the Universe.

Welcoming the magnificence that is seeking to express as me, I let go of the outcome and focus on thoughts of possibility.  I trust that all is in Divine Order in my life and there is only this present moment to experience to its fullest.  And in a single moment, there is much that can happen, knowing that Source Energy is directing my soul to share my unique gifts and talents.  I release any thoughts of fear that are triggered by events that seem horrific and unfathomable.  Instead, I choose thoughts of peace and love, affirming that every event is for a higher purpose that cannot always be seen by my human eyes.  As my soul taps into my heart, there is a revealing of possibilities of a greater good in any life event that I witness.  And I am reminded of the many happy endings that exist as part of this human experience.

With the joy of being alive, I am so thankful for each and every Divinely guided experience.  I am filled with deep, deep gratitude that my life is blessed in beautiful ways.  And I am grateful for the magnificence of each moment that comes from a life well-lived in every way possible.

Trusting in the perfection of my journey, I release my Word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  I need do nothing more but be present for the unfolding of life.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment