Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Who Is Responsible For Your Difficulties?

It's funny how quickly I can get down on myself when I feel that I have failed at something.  I re-live the events and find all the mistakes that were made.  I talk to myself continuously about what I should have done differently.   I start the "catastrophe" thinking.

So - what would it look like if I decided to leave behind the voice that says, "Why do you always screw it up?"  What if I decided to embrace the failure and see it as a gift of guidance?

What if I took responsibility for the choices that brought me to that point?

Now - I can see clearly that I am the only one who can deprive myself of anything.  Life is not holding anything back from me.  Life is not making it difficult for me to thrive.   Those are blame-game stories that let me step back into playing small.

When I have failed and feel like I will never be a success, it's a great time to take a look inside myself.  Maybe I have some old habit that I'm hanging on to that needs to be released.  Maybe it's just that I have been too busy to be present to the moment.

So, what if I just show up and am fully receptive to life?   What if I continue to hold onto the bigger picture for my life and am willing to just "be"?

For me, receptivity is the key word here. Being receptive to everything that life brings allows me to adapt and to be resilient when there is change or upheaval or failure.

Perfect example - with the moving I have done over the last few years resulting in living in an apartment, I started comparing myself to others.   As if out of the blue, I seemed to be surrounded by people who owned their own homes and would talk about how beautiful it was and how excited they were.  And, all I could feel was frustration.  I had failed at the great American dream - owning my own home.

Aha!  THAT'S the story I am telling myself!

So, how do I fix it?  Taking a tip from the book I've been reading, The Power of Intention.  I am determined to keep my thoughts on higher energy feelings around this supposed "failure".  I remind myself how fortunate I am to live in the place that I do.  And, I am truly grateful for the clutter-clearing that was required to downsize.

I do, some days, still question if this is how my life is supposed to look.  After all, if I am a co-creator with the Universe, why have I not created something "better"?

But - I also have great faith in the Universe.  I let go of the feeling that I have somehow compromised and settled for less by living in an apartment.  Instead, I focus on the fact that I AM resilient.  I can adapt to change better today than I ever could before.  And, I trust that the Universe is always guiding me and that I am NEVER in the wrong place.

Best of all, I refuse to play small.  I show up every day as the wise, spiritual person that I am.   And I dare to take big, bold action - even when it's scary - because I know that the Universe has my back.

So, have there been times you've needed to be resilient in your life?  How did you adapt to change?

Today, I set the intention to welcome change, knowing that I am always in the right place at the right time and it is perfect.


"You live in a universe that has limitless potential for joy built into 
the creation process.  Your Source, which we call the universal 
mind of intention, adores you beyond anything you can possibly
 imagine.  When you adore yourself in the same proportion, you're 
matched up with the field of intention, and you've opted for 
the path of no resistance."  
~Dr. Wayne Dyer, The Power of Intention

"Creation is eternally going on; change is always taking place 
within that which is Changeless."  


Affirmative Prayer:
In the morning dew on the grass, in the fog that blankets the coast, there is a Divine Intelligence that moves through all that is, covering everything in love.  It is a Life that knows only good, only joy, only happiness, and It is a Source that brings fresh wisdom each day.

Looking within, this Source of Love, of Life, moves through and around me, expressing as me, in all that I do and in all that I speak each day.  I am always connected to Source, to Spirit, and my life unfolds with grace and ease as I take each step in my journey.

Affirming that the Universe always has my back, I allow my life to be guided by perfect, Divine order.  I let go and let God provide for my needs as I remain open to change.  I am supported by a Source that wants my highest and best and I stay centered in feelings of trust and of peace.  I am safe as Spirit directs my path and I am transformed as I lean into the possibilities of playing big.  I release any thoughts of lack or failure and welcome the blessings that show up in my life, knowing I am loved beyond measure.

I am so grateful to the Presence within for the gifts that are given and shared as I show up for life.  And I am thankful for the love that surrounds my every choice.  I am filled with gratitude for the abundant supply that is always available to me.

From this place of gratitude, I release my Word to the Divine Action of the Law, knowing it is already done.  All is well.  And I let it be so.  And so it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment